I hope you are all doing great and I want to share with you today what's new with the update to the iPhones and iPads. Apple recently release the latest version of iOS 14.2 to all new devices. Also iPadOS 14.2 as well as iOS 12.4.9 were released for older devices.
This update brings many changes including over 100 new emoji as well as new wallpapers. There is also support for the iPhone 12 Leather Sleeve with MagSafe, although we still don’t have a release date for that accessory.
iOS 14.2 and iOS 12.4.9 also include notable security patches:
I personally like them, I think most of them are hilarious and make a great addition to the collection.
Yes, apple has surprised us with the addition of 8 new and beautiful wallpapers that can be set in white or dark mode. They are included in your phone, go to settings -> wallpapers.
Also included in this update they have a revamped now playing controls to the lock screen alongside redesigned AirPlay 2 controls in Control Center. Another one of the new changes in iOS 14.2 is a brand new Shazam toggle that can be added to Control Center.
Here are the new features included in iOS 14.2:
- Over 100 new emoji, including animals, food, faces, household objects, musical instruments, gender-inclusive emoji, and more
- Eight new wallpapers in both light and dark mode versions
- Magnifier can detect people nearby and report their distance using the LiDAR sensor included in iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Support for iPhone 12 Leather Sleeve with MagSafe
- Optimized battery charging for AirPods to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time your AirPods spends fully charged
- Headphone audio level notifications to alert you when audio level could impact your hearing
- New AirPlay controls to stream entertainment throughout your home
- Intercom support with HomePod and HomePod mini using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, and CarPlay
- Ability to connect HomePod to Apple TV 4K for stereo, surround sound, and Dolby Atmos audio
- Option to provide statistics about Exposure Notifications, without identifying you, to participating Public Health Authorities
iOS 14.2 also resolves the following bugs and performance issues. There are fixes for the Camera application, Voice Memos, Apple Cash, and much more. Here are those improvements and bug fixes:
- Apps could be out of order on the Home Screen dock
- Camera viewfinder may appear black when launched
- The keyboard on the Lock Screen could miss touches when trying to enter the passcode
- Reminders could default to times in the past
- Photos widget may not display content
- Weather widget could display the high temperature in Celsius when set to Fahrenheit
- Next-hour precipitation chart description in Weather could incorrectly indicate when precipitation stops
- Voice Memos recordings are interrupted by incoming calls
- The screen could be black during Netflix video playback
- Apple Cash could fail to send or receive money when asked via Siri
- Apple Watch app may unexpectedly close when opened
- Workout GPS routes or Health data are prevented from syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users
- Audio is incorrectly labeled as “Not Playing” in the CarPlay Dashboard
- Devices could be prevented from charging wirelessly
- Exposure Notifications is disabled when restoring iPhone from iCloud Backup or transferring data to a new iPhone using iPhone Migration